Monday, February 4, 2013

A Gig and a Game


Once again I have been so busy at work that I didn’t even get a lunch break. I have a few moments now and will try to write this post quickly. Saturday my band had a gig at a wedding; fortunately, the reception we played at was inside, but the ceremony itself had been outside. Brr! The bride and groom made all the food for the reception themselves, including the cake, and this was not a particularly small wedding. We had a good time playing in our new band T-shirts, which really cut into our pay. They looked very nice. When I got home, I accidentally dropped my purse on the floor and the strap went over Cashmere’s head. She started to panic, and I had visions of my rabbit strangling herself, but then I said, “Wait,” and she calmed down and let me pull it over her head. Maybe she is learning to trust me after all. She has also started eating carrots, the only plant matter other than banana (and houseplants) that I have ever seen her eat.

Yesterday Travalon and I spent some time hanging out at the Memorial Union, which brought back a lot of memories for me. The students look so young, but lots of non-student types hang out there too, so we didn’t really stand out. The Ratskellar has a giant screen TV, so we watched some of the basketball game there. Then we went to Richard Bonomo’s house to watch the Super Bowl with Luxuli’s husband and Cecil Markovitch; plenty of other people were there, but some, like Kathbert, watched none of the game at all, and others, like Mr. Icon, would watch a little here and there. I enjoyed the halftime show with BeyoncĂ© and was rather puzzled by the loss of power in the dome. When it came back on, San Francisco came roaring back to live, but ultimately they lost to Baltimore, a situation Light Bright bemoaned today. She is a lifelong Niners fan.

Famous Hat

No comments: