Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tequilaisms


Last night my office mate Light Bright and I met for margaritas at a local Mexican restaurant, and during the course of the conversation she asked how my rabbits were doing. I told her Charlie is really dragging lately, and that a woman from my OTHER choir just had to put down her rabbit, who was a few months younger than Charlie. She asked what his symptoms were and I said, “A stroke,” and she said, “They can have those?” I told her as a kid I had a guinea pig that got “numb on one side” (I meant paralyzed, but that’s what a good margarita can do to you) and she began to laugh really hard. “Paralyzed rodents!” she kept saying the rest of the evening, since her margarita hit her even harder than mine hit me. For a moment she appeared to grow serious and said, “Even though I have good girlfriends, there are things I can tell you that I can’t tell them,” and when I said, “Really?” she said, “Yeah, because it’s about them!” Today we were reminiscing about the paralyzed rodents, and she said, “Tequilaisms!”

Famous Hat

No comments: