Monday, June 3, 2013

Bunny Birthday Bash

Sorry for my long silence. I have been very busy preparing to leave my current position.

Friday night Travalon and I went to Captain Bill’s, and we ended up getting our appetizers, drinks, and dessert for free! We also went to Le Tigre Lounge, where the bartender told us all about how this has been a great year for morel mushrooms. He has two chickens named Axl and Slash who lay a lot of eggs, so he has been having plenty of morel omelets. Saturday Travalon and I went to Scottish Fest, where I had a haggis pasty and a Scottish candy bar, which was basically sugar and butter. Sugar overload! We watched pipe and drum bands, and I was excited to find Clan Hat represented there. Our goal: stay at the Hat Family Castle! Then we went to an Irish Pub called The Pub for dinner.

Saturday Charlie my boy rabbit turned nine, so Sunday afternoon I had a little party for him with carrot cake and carrot juice. (Yes, he got to eat some carrot cake.) Richard Bonomo, Kathbert, Jilly Moose, Luxuli, and her husband came, while Catzookz was hiking, Travalon was working, and A-Joz the Bunny Sitter was busy. Charlie loved being the center of attention and ran around to everyone asking for snuggles, but Cashmere was more antisocial after an unfortunate incident earlier that afternoon when Hardingfele and I were cutting her nails, and I accidentally pulled one out. I had no bunny games planned, but the topic of bad church music came up, so that led to a dramatic reading of my story “Polyhymnia.” Travalon texted that I should pet the birthday bunny for him, and later he texted to ask how “Bunny Bash 2013” had gone. I’d say it was a success!

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

We want bunny pictures! Not sure if any bash can compare to Vinny's 1st birthday when he sniffed the candle

Famous Hat said...

I did take a picture of the cake and of Charlie enjoying his birthday present from Luxuli.