Wednesday, July 24, 2013

At the Mall

I am probably not supposed to comment on the ads on my blog, but sometimes they really catch my attention, like the one I see today for what is basically a swimming treadmill. The idea is good in theory, but I can imagine how slowly I’d have to set the thing to be able to use it. Besides, while the weather is warm, I am enjoying swimming outside. Yesterday I swam at an allowed hour, and someone else joined me briefly, swimming two laps for every one of mine, but he soon stopped. Wonder if he got tired going at that breakneck pace, or if he only needed to do a few laps to get the same benefit as I get from swimming for 45 minutes?

Monday night Travalon and I reserved the hall for our wedding reception, then we wanted to take a walk after dinner but a storm had blown up, so we walked at the mall. I hadn’t been to a mall in years, and we noted that it was mostly stores selling clothes for teenage girls. We did run into Cecil Markovitch and one of the B-Boys, and we stopped into the store where Jilly Moose works some evenings and talked to her. The store was already displaying tons of Christmas ornaments and all kinds of Halloween decorations. What the hey? It’s July! Time to celebrate swimming outside, not pumpkins and snow.

Famous Hat

3 comments:

Travalon said...

Enjoyable evening, but I have to admit Madison's West Towne mall is one of the most boring and colorless ones in the state, seems it has nothing but clothing stores, and it just has no character or atmosphere.

Hardingfele said...

I agree with Travalon. About 30 min of walking on super clean waxed floors, immersed in the odor of bubble gum and teenage perfume, is nausea inducing

Famous Hat said...

I particularly hate the lighting and piped in music in malls, though they did play "The Girl from Ipanema" at one point.