Friday, July 26, 2013

Restaurant Week and St. Jude Novena

Last night I met Jilly Moose and OK Cap for dinner at Pasqual’s, a Mexican restaurant that was participating in Restaurant Week. They had a special menu for Restaurant Week with the hefty price tag of $30 per dinner, but the waitress told us they had lowered it to $15 because so few people were interested. I thought that didn’t sound too bad for an appetizer, main course, and dessert, so I tried it. The appetizer was gazpacho, a cold tomato soup that was like eating runny salsa without chips – delicious, but weird. The main course was an incredible thing called Shrimp Diablo, and the dessert was a chocolate cake with mole sauce. Mmm!

Then Jilly Moose and I went to Blessed Sacrament for the eighth night of the St. Jude novena. We attended Mass, prayed the rosary, and then got a chance to touch a relic of St. Jude. (No idea what class of relic it was. It was very small and seemed to be a piece of fabric.) St. Jude is the patron saint of hopeless causes, so maybe I should ask him for help with my writing career. Though I am 75% of the way to getting paid again for blogging, so my career as a professional writer isn’t completely dead. It's merely resting.

Famous Hat

No comments: