Friday, July 19, 2013

Late Night Swimming

There is a pool at my condo complex which I love to use, but often in the middle of the day it is full of kids. Not that I have anything against kids in a pool, but I would like to swim laps, so I’ve been waiting until the evening to go swimming. The added benefit of waiting is that I don’t have to wear sunscreen. On Tuesday I planned to go after a party with my new coworkers, but then I stopped by to talk to Richard Bonomo and Kathbert, so by the time I got home it was almost ten. For some reason our pool has posted hours of 10 am to 10 pm; I can sort of understand not wanting screaming kids in the pool at night, but 10 am seems very late. Anyway, I went into the pool with two minutes to spare… and it was a perfect night, with a half moon overhead and the air still so warm that the water was refreshing. The pool has a light in it, so it was lit up beautifully and just looked way too inviting to be off-limits. I swam laps for quite a while, and nobody complained, since they all had their air conditioners on and their windows closed so they couldn’t hear me softly splashing.

Last night Travalon and I again went swimming at ten, and this time there were other people in the pool area, although they were not actually swimming. Hopefully my little rule-breaking jaunt on Tuesday night did not convince everyone that ten is the time to hang out there! And of course I was a little louder, since Travalon and I were conversing, but still nobody came out to say anything. It does seem like an ideal time to swim laps, at least during these really hot days of summer. Maybe when the weather cools down to the 80’s again it will not be warm enough at that hour to swim, and I will return to my non-rule breaking practice of swimming in the evening. Plus, it will be easier to get up in the morning if I am not out so late swimming.

Famous Hat

No comments: