Thursday, December 11, 2014

Waunakee Christmas Light Display


Last night Travalon made dinner, then we took a drive up to Waunakee to see their light display. They have a park right downtown with a lovely Christmas lights display, like the one at Olin-Turville Park but on a smaller scale, and it was quite impressive for a small town. The Rotary Club sponsors the light show, and they had people at the entrance to greet us, collect a donation if we were so inclined, and give us candy canes. Travalon donated $2 to the cause. I am not usually a big candy person, but last night I ate my candy cane as we wound our way through the park, listening to the radio station that plays all Christmas music this month. They were playing oldies, like Nat King Cole and Elvis singing Christmas songs, and not those new silly ones like “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer,” so that helped set the festive mood. Then when I got home, Ethel called! I haven’t heard from her in forever! In September she went on the Santiago de Compostela pilgrimage that we had always talked about doing, so she told me all about it. Someday I hope to do it myself. Luxuli has done it too.

Today the insurance people called me and told me they were going to total my car and write me a check for not very much money, since Erin Caitlyn O’Honda is fifteen years old. I talked to the guy at the body shop where she presently is, and he said it would be several thousand dollars more to fix her than the check I am going to get, so it looks like I may be getting a new car. Stay tuned.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

casmith24 said...

Hey, sorry about the Honda; re the Santiago de Campostela pilgrimage, my mother did that some years ago and still raves about it.