Thursday, June 23, 2016

First Mallards Game of the Season


Yesterday Travalon and I took Rodney and went for a walk at a park not far from our place, where you can get an excellent view of a small island in Cherokee Marsh. I took pictures which I will post at some point. It was an overcast day, and thunderstorms were in the forecast, so we didn't want to take the boat or the canoe out and be stuck on the lake in a lightning storm. Anna Banana II, Jilly Moose, Travalon and I went to Finding Dory, since it was kind of raining so going to a movie seemed like a perfect activity. It was a cute movie, but I liked the original, Finding Nemo, better. Afterwards Travalon and I went to the beer garden at Capital Brewery; it was drizzling, but we sat under the tent and enjoyed a pear kolsch and a ginger beer. In the evening Anna Banana II, Jilly Moose, OK Cap, Travalon, and I went to a Mallards game. It was a great game with a home run and a bunt that worked - the guy got on base with it. There was also a lot of great defensive playing. The Mallards won 4-2. Yay! It was drizzling just before the game began, so Travalon and I were wearing the rain ponchos the Dairyman's Daughter had lent me for American Players Theater, but it cleared up by game time and was a beautiful evening. Now it really feels like summer, because I've been to a baseball game.

Famous Hat

No comments: