Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Appreciating Italian Heritage


Just when I thought there was nothing to blog about today, here comes something from the “Totally Random” Department: I got a piece of mail sent to me by name imploring everyone at work to take some time to appreciate Italian heritage. It was a flyer with pictures of famous Italians and Italian-Americans on it, and a list of suggested movies by and/or about Italians. I certainly approve of celebrating all things Italian, but why me? Why not Handy Woman, who is a real Italophile? Why not Richard Bonomo? After all, neither my last name nor Travalon’s (I go by both) is Italian in the least. I suspect I have somehow become the contact at my workplace for sending flyers to be posted in a public space, because one was sent to me previously, but it was something more prosaic about how to submit grievances. I just hang them up in the breakroom. I don’t even know where they are coming from, because they are sent via campus mail and have no return address, so there is no way to stop them. Not that I want to, if they are going to be this random. I can’t wait to see the next one they send me. Any speculations about what topic “they” will cover next? Feel free to leave an idea in the comments section.

Famous Hat

No comments: