Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy 2018!


I hope my readers had a Happy New Year’s celebration. Thursday evening I met up with Travalon, Jilly Moose, and Luxuli for OK Cap’s birthday celebration at the Greenbush Italian restaurant. Friday I had to work, then Hockey Girl wanted to meet at an Indian restaurant, so Travalon and I met her there, and Jilly Moose, Luxuli, and Prairie Man joined us. Afterwards we prayed a Divine Mercy Chaplet in Luxuli and Prairie Man’s downtown condo.

Saturday Travalon and I went to World of Beer for their “Beerunch,” then we went to the jeweler to get my engagement ring fixed, since one of the prongs holding the diamond in had gotten bent. In the evening we met Jilly Moose and Prairie Man at a sports bar to watch the Badgers win the Orange Bowl. That was a lot of fun.

Sunday we went to brunch with Rich, Mr. Icon, Cecil Markovitch, and the Single B-Boy after Mass. We watched that terrible Packers game - it's like they weren't even trying! We also went to the health club one last time before it gets so packed in January that you can’t even get a locker. We drove to Travalon’s friend’s house in Waupun, then we all went to dinner at the restaurant in Fond du Lac where we always get steak and French fried lobster. We went to someone else’s house after dinner, the people with the cool living room that looks like a hunting lodge, and a bunch of us played Cards Against Humanity, which was as much fun as I’d always heard.

Yesterday Travalon and I had a quiet day, watching a lot of bowl games. If Michigan hadn’t gone and blown the second half of their game, the Big Ten would have won all their bowl games. What a disappointment! Travalon was also really hoping Clemson would beat Alabama, but that didn’t happen. We did go to a party at my OTHER choir director’s beautiful apartment overlooking Turville Bay, and I saw a lot of my old choir peeps. One of them wrote a Christmas prayer that was set to music by the same composer who set my two poems to music, and the choir had performed it on Christmas Eve. We saw the supermoon rise over the lake – was that ever beautiful! Happy 2018, everyone!

Famous Hat

No comments: