Monday, January 8, 2018

My Birthday Weekend


I hope my readers had a good weekend. I spent most of mine celebrating my birthday. Friday Travalon and I both had to work, since we had taken Wednesday off for my birthday adventures. In the evening we went to Mr. Brews to meet Twins Fan and his new lady friend. They seem very happy together, and I like her a lot. Maybe she will even get a name on this blog someday…

Saturday Travalon and I went to the Daisy CafĂ© for brunch, then we drove out to Sauk to see eagles, and we saw a couple of them flying. We drove even further, to Reedsburg for our favorite cream ale at the Corner Pub. In the evening Hockey Girl took me to dinner at Liliana’s, and she gave me a beautiful rosary bracelet. We went to the Chocolaterian to hear a singer/songwriter from Haiti, but he was louder than he was talented. Oh well, it was for a good cause – he was raising money for people back home. Some of them are still homeless after the earthquake and the hurricane that ravaged the island several years ago.

Yesterday Travalon and I went to see eagles again. Several people had expressed an interest in going with us, but in the end nobody else joined us. We saw two sitting in a tree. In the evening Rich threw a party for my birthday, and all the Rosary Ladies came, along with Prairie Man, Hockey Girl, Cecil Markovitch, Lute Player and her husband, Cali, and Rich’s two housemates. Rich made delicious chicken parmesan and of course a black magic birthday cake, Jilly Moose brought prosecco, and Cecil brought eggnog. We played a few rounds of “Who Am I?” and somehow it got really late. Oh well, it was so much fun! I just had some strong coffee this morning and I was fine.

Someone said something really funny that was going to be the title of this blog post, but now I have forgotten it. If anyone can remember, shoot me an email.

Famous Hat

No comments: