Thursday, January 18, 2018

Photos of Cacti and Other Things


I love how random my iPhone is when it plays music for me. This evening I was running while listening to it, and it played "Chan Chan" by the Buena Vista Social Club, followed by "Rock You Like a Hurricane" by the Scorpions, followed by "Didi" by Khaled. I thought yeah, that about sums up my taste in music. And if you think about it, it's very international: Cuba followed by Germany followed by Algeria.

Here are some photos from my recent adventures. First is the fused glass piece I created on my birthday; I posted a "before" picture already, and admittedly this "after" picture is not much different, but I am pleased with the results. The girl working at Fired Up said it was very cute.


The Tropical Dome was beautiful, and the Show Dome was closed for preparations for an upcoming display, but to me the Desert Dome has the most photogenic denizens. These are some of my favorite cacti.








When we went on our skyway adventure, we ended up in Grand Avenue Mall, and I thought this staircase configuration was so beautiful.


Finally, the small orange poinsettia OK Cap gave me for my birthday, next to the standard size, classic red one with variegated leaves that Travalon and I got for free when we bought one for his mother.


Famous Hat

No comments: