Thursday, August 8, 2019

Fan Appreciation Night at the Duck Pond



Last night Travalon, two of the Rosary Ladies, and I went to a Mallards game. It was Fan Appreciation Night, and I was led to believe there would be much free swag and tremendous sales at the team store, but we were not one of the lucky people who got free stuff, and the sales in the store before the game were nothing too exciting. We did each buy a 50/50 raffle ticket, since it was for a good cause, a local day center for the homeless. The game was a blowout: the Mallards kept scoring runs, and the Battle Creek Bombers never even had one run. During the fifth inning Travalon and I went down to get an ear of corn, and at first they said they were all out, but then they said there was one left, so we said we could split it. When the guy handed it to me, he said, “Would you like corn with this?” I was kind of like, “Whuh?” and some people who were sitting in front of us happened to be standing around waiting for funnel cakes, and they laughed. The guy actually meant to ask if we wanted butter, so the other people said to me, “Did he ask if you wanted corn with your butter?” but I said, “It was more like he asked if I wanted corn with my corn!” I said it was kind of like Travalon liking his own like. When we got back to our seats, Luxuli and OK Cap were also just coming back, and we all missed the number for the 50/50 drawing! But then the people sitting behind us, who also bought tickets, said the winning number started with a 39, and all our tickets started with a 95. Then they announced everything in the store would be 25% off, so after the game (which ended quite early for a baseball game), the four of us went down to the store and bought a bunch of stuff. I’m all set for the playoff game next week! But I suppose they will face the Rafters again, and they haven’t beaten them yet this year while we were watching…

Famous Hat

No comments: