Friday, August 30, 2019

Late Summer Sunsets (and Other Photos)


Tonight Travalon and I had dinner at Mariner's, facing the sunset. I took a picture of the sunset with a tiki torch in front of it, but it didn't really turn out. Anyway, here are some photos and a video from our most recent adventures, including some sunset pictures that did turn out.

Whenever I go for a walk in the garden near work, the koi think I am going to feed them, and they swim over as fast as they can and congregate in front of me.


Here is a photo from the Union Terrace.


These are the colorful donuts from the book signing party.


This ear of corn with three leaves growing out of it is in a plot right near mine.


Here are some sadder photos, some of the last that might be taken of Travalon's childhood parish, St. Mary's of Pewaukee. First is the inside, then the front, and then the side.




Here are a couple of shots I took of the sunset we saw from Liliana's on Tuesday. Travalon liked the first one the best, and I liked the second one the best.



This pink water lily is not in the Allen Centennial Garden pond but the Botany Department pond.


Last night we went out on the dock and watched the sunset, and we saw this lone little water bird. At first I thought it was a very little duck, but it dove under the water, and it actually looked more like a tiny grebe. Maybe it was a coot...? But I never see those by themselves.


And here are two shots I took three seconds apart of the sunset that evening. Funny how one shot is golden and the other one is purple.



Here are some pretty flowers blooming outside my office building. Lots of cock's comb, which my colleague tells me is the same in Chinese. I mean, the name in Chinese is whatever is the Mandarin words for a rooster's comb.


And finally, here is a little bit of the second half of the song "Method of Modern Love" performed by Hall and Oates. The song seems to have two distinct halves, and I absolutely love the second half.

Famous Hat

No comments: