Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Forgot to Mention...



Since I haven’t blogged in so many days, today you get a bonus post. I didn’t want to just add it to the original post, since that was already so long. Here are some things I forgot to mention during our adventures the past few days:

When I got to the sailing club, I asked the lady behind the desk if we could use a spinnaker during our ride. She said the boat we would be on doesn’t take a spinnaker, and anyway it was too windy. (It has always been my dream to sail on a boat with its spinnaker up.) I said I was wondering do we tip, and she said, “No, the boat is very stable.” I said, “No, do we tip the captain after the ride?” and she said no. I still feel weird not tipping him… Especially since he was wounded! While we were still tied to the dock, the boom hit him in the nose, and he got a cut on the bridge of his nose that bled profusely. He just put a bandage on it and continued on like nothing had happened, but if that doesn’t merit a tip, what does?

The really funny thing was when I posted something on social media about swimming at Devil’s Lake, and Travalon accidentally put a picture of a metallic thumb’s up as a comment. He was trying to delete it but accidentally liked it, so his big robot thumb’s up had a little thumb’s up because he had liked his own like. I laughed so hard that I couldn’t breathe for a moment, and he said, “It must be time for me to take a break from social media!” He never was able to delete the metallic thumb’s up, but at least he was able to remove the little thumb’s up, so it doesn’t look like he goes around liking his own likes.

Famous Hat



No comments: