Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Sunset from the Boat



Last night Travalon and I went for a boat ride back into the marsh, and it was so beautiful in the golden evening light, full of blooming lotuses and those tiny dragonflies I have heard called damselflies. Tons of them landed on me. Lots of swallows were darting around overhead, and I saw one that looked like it was being chased by a big dragonfly, but I think they just happened to be flying the same direction. We also saw a majestic blue heron that made a very loud, strange sound like a strangled dog. Suddenly the boat's motor stopped because it was clogged with weeds; Travalon pulled the weeds off the rotors, but the motor refused to start. We paddled for twenty minutes, which is a good workout and burns quite a few calories per my diet app, and then the motor cooperatively started up again so we went out into the lake. The downtown looked so beautiful with the setting sun reflecting off the buildings – a few of them looked like they were golden, or even on fire. The water had pink and golden swirls reflected from the sunset. I know there is a sunset every day, but I still never get over how beautiful they are. And seeing them from the water is the best way to appreciate them!

Famous Hat

No comments: