Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Spectacular Sunset


Today after work I went to the usual temporary bus stop to catch the bus home, and it struck me as odd that nobody else was waiting for the bus, but then my attention was caught by a hawk soaring in place - I don't remember ever seeing that before. It soared over to another spot and then resumed soaring in place, and some little birds flew at it like they were trying to chase it away. Then another person came to wait, so I felt a little better until suddenly realizing the temporary bus stop sign was gone. Just then a third person came and said the bus stop had been moved to the original spot, so I ran down the hill just in time to see my bus pulling away. I decided to walk to another bus stop further down the line, since there was a 15-minute wait for the next bus, but just as I got two stops down, the 27 bus arrived so I took it. Now my usual bus, the 28, goes straight from campus to the North Transfer Point, but the 27 really meanders. Still, it only got me to the North Transfer Point ten minutes after the 28 would have.

After dinner, Travalon and I went to my garden plot and weeded for twenty minutes, then we came home and played tennis for twenty minutes, until I noticed how beautiful the sunset looked through the trees. We went out on the dock and enjoyed the truly stunning sunset, then we went to Mariner's for ice cream drinks, and the proprietor concurred that it was perhaps the best sunset of the summer. Of course I have pictures.

First is my orange calla lily - now it has three blossoms!


Next are some photos from our tubing adventure on Sunday. Here the boys set off down the river.


Travalon's college buddy, the one who got married in Hawaii, wanted a picture in front of the big pile of tubes at the tubing place, so I obliged.


Then they said Cali and I should have our picture taken in front of the tubes, even though we hiked.


I finally got a picture of the bald cardinal, but it didn't really turn out. He is sitting on the end of this bench.


Here is the sunset from Monday evening. It was better from the boat, but it was still going when we returned to the dock so I took a picture of it.


And finally, tonight's sunset. It really is amazing how I can be impressed by these things when they are a nightly event, but I never get enough of them. First is a shot of a blooming bush contrasted against the pink sky as we went out to the dock, and the second photo is the full-on sunset.



See what I mean? We just sat watching it for twenty minutes, since tonight twenty minutes seemed to be our thing. That's why we got ice cream drinks - after twenty minutes of gardening and twenty minutes of singles tennis, my diet app said we had burned more than enough calories to have one!

Famous Hat

No comments: