Friday, September 27, 2019

Are You Ready for Some Football? NO!!



Wednesday evening I went to my garden plot and dug out the two amaryllis plants and the three calla lilies, put them in pots, and brought them inside. I also dug up some root vegetables, and that evening Travalon and I enjoyed the orange and purple carrots. I like mine raw, but he prefers his steamed with a little brown sugar. Hey, whatever it takes to get him to eat vegetables! I had a win with broccoli covered in cheese, but my garden only produced a couple of servings of broccoli. However, it has become a never-ending source of kale, or so it seems. It would be fantastic if I could dig those plants up and bring them in the house for kale all winter! But I don’t think that would work. Luckily Travalon also will eat kale with cheese on it, so that has been our go-to vegetable all summer.

Last night I roasted a few small beets for myself (Travalon doesn’t like beets, but there weren’t enough to share anyway), plus we had kale, of course. Then we watched the Packers. I was already grumpy about watching football, having been dragged kicking and screaming into autumn – why can’t it be summer forever? – and then I couldn’t understand why they were playing on a Thursday night AGAIN. Plus I still haven’t watched the two Sunday afternoon games yet, but they actually won those. Last night they looked pretty lousy against the Eagles, and I wonder if my watching them in real time brings them bad luck. They won their season opener, but we watched that after the fact, so maybe I couldn’t ruin their chances. It seems both the Packers and I have to find our rhythm for autumn!

Famous Hat


No comments: