Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Thai Restaurant and Painted Flowerpot



Yesterday evening after my adoration hour, Travalon and I went to a Thai restaurant on our side of town that we had been curious about. We loved the décor, with lots of plants and Asian accents, but the waitress seemed to ignore us for a long time. Finally she came and wanted to take our order before bringing us water. We ordered, and then our food came quickly. Travalon’s curry duck was delicious, but my dish didn’t appear to be anything like what I was expecting. It turns out the waitress thought I had ordered something else that doesn’t even sound the least bit like what I wanted, and she kept arguing with me that I had ordered what she brought, not what I actually wanted. Finally she brought the right dish, but then she was going to charge us for all three dishes. Fortunately Travalon was able to convince her we shouldn’t pay for the dish I never wanted, which I didn’t like and didn’t eat. So that was kind of weird.

Today they had the usual Wednesday lunchtime activity at Allen Centennial Gardens, this time painting a flowerpot. Some of the people there were painting elaborate designs on their terra cotta pots, but I seem to be lacking originality in my old age (not to mention time), so I just painted some childish-looking flowers in primary colors around the sides of mine. The other people at my table were mixing colors to get interesting shades of chartreuse and copper and raspberry, but I just stuck with the basic red, yellow, blue, and green. It was a timely activity because tonight I plan to retrieve the houseplants from my garden plot, and I was wondering if I had enough pots to put them in. This one should be just the right size for the larger amaryllis. There is a smaller amaryllis, and three calla lilies: one blooms white, one blooms black (but is already in a pot courtesy of Handy Woman), and one blooms orange. It has been warm enough for them lately, but I don’t expect this weather to last forever!

Famous Hat


No comments: