Friday, November 22, 2019

Locked out of Work



Yesterday when I got off the bus with my bus buddy, we saw my coworker standing outside the building. He said, “It’s locked – I can’t get in!” My bus buddy was able to unlock the door with her key card, but she works up on the special floors, so we wondered if she had a more powerful key card. Just then I saw the 11 bus pull up, and I said, “There’s my colleague – hold the door for her!” Sure enough, she got off of the bus and came over, wondering why we were holding the door open. We explained that the doors were locked, so she said, “I’ll try my key card,” and sure enough, hers worked, so it was something with my coworker’s card. We wondered how the students were going to get in, since they don’t have key cards, and there was an alarm going off somewhere… and just then one of the robots rolled up.

“Someone must have ordered breakfast,” I said, and my coworker held the door open for the robot, but they won’t come into the buildings. It just looked at us (not really, but it seemed like it did), and then it changed direction and rolled off again.

“You have a class this morning!” said my colleague, shaking me out of my puzzlement. I dashed off and headed to my class, and later my coworker told me that something malfunctioned, and our building and the one next to it were affected. He tried to put a rock into the door to block it open for the students, but you know how they are – one went through and then kicked the rock away, so then the others couldn’t get in. That’s America’s Future right there, as Mr. Icon would always say.

Famous Hat

No comments: