Friday, November 8, 2019

Robot Lunch Delivery



This morning I woke up at 4:30 am because the song “Cisco Kid” by War was playing. I was like, “What? Where is that music coming from?” and then I realized it was coming from the living room. I went out there, and Travalon’s laptop was playing the video on YouTube. Then he came out too and said, “I don’t understand – I turned it off last night!” He had been listening to funk and R&B videos, since he has been kind of into it lately, and he knows I love it. But why did one just start playing in the middle of the night like that? After that I couldn’t get back to sleep, so I just did a word game puzzle until it was time for me to start my usual morning routine. At least tomorrow we can sleep in… if Travalon’s laptop doesn’t play music for us again!

Today we ordered lunch from the robot!!! It was three ladies from another department and me. The robot showed up outside our building, and the woman who had the app on her phone had to figure out how to unlock him, but when she did, he said, “Hello, here’s your delivery!” in a normal male human voice. He didn’t sound like you would expect a robot to. They opened him up and started handing out the food, and then the woman with the app had to send him on his way, so he locked back up and said, “Thank you. Have a nice day.” I got some good footage that I will post soon. The pasta I ordered was kind of lukewarm, but the dirt pudding was delicious, and way more sugar than I am used to. Between waking up so early and ingesting so much sugar, I have no powers of concentration today.

A professor in our department was invited to a Disney party. He was a consultant on Frozen 2, so he got to go to the wrap-up party in LA, and he said the ice cubes in their drinks lit up, and the bar was made of ice. Sounds awesome! Maybe more exciting than ordering from a robot, but I showed him the video and he said it was pretty cool. That’s the fun we have back here in Wisconsin.

Famous Hat


No comments: