Thursday, November 14, 2019

Performance of "The Mystical Rose"



I just found out some exciting news last night – the piece "The Mystical Rose," based on a poem I wrote, will be performed by a group called Schola Cantorum in Eau Claire! This is part of a program called "Rosa das Rosas: Music for Virgin Mary" that includes Gregorian chants, 10th century cantigas, and pieces by composers such as Josquin de Prez and Palestrina. The concert will be performed twice: this coming Friday at 7:30 pm at St. Raymond of Penaforte in Fall Creek, and Sunday at 2:00 at St. Olaf in Eau Claire. Travalon and I will go to the Sunday performance, and they say they will give me a little shout-out! That is kind of exciting, but I am more excited to hear the piece performed. I will try to make a good recording of it and post it here, as well as sending it to the composer. Unfortunately, he cannot make either performance. This piece (and another one he wrote based on another poem of mine) have never been published, but maybe if people are performing them, the publishers will finally take them seriously.

Famous Hat

No comments: