Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Can We PLEASE Cancel Daylight Saving Time This Year?



One of the worst days of the year is just around the corner: the day when we start Daylight Saving Time. What evil supervillain thought up this crime against humanity? It’s finally starting to get light in the morning, not when I wake up yet, but at least by the time I leave for work, but in a couple of weeks I will be plunged back into darkness once again when I leave the house. And what do we get out of it? Some daylight at the end of the day? Why do I want it then? I want it in the morning, when I am trying to wake up. If only I lived in the tropics, then the sun would be coming up just about the time I wake up every morning, and I wouldn’t have to rely on my alarm clock to wrest me out of sleep in the cozy darkness. And why do we start Daylight Saving Time so early?? It used to be in April when I was young, and I hated it then, but now that it is mid-March, I hate it with a special passion. Mornings are already so tough – why do we have to make them an hour more difficult? How about we just move everything back an hour during Daylight Savings Time, so that I don’t have to wake up until 7 am? There! Problem solved. But I somehow doubt they would allow me to come into work an hour later for more than half the year. When will this insanity end??? It's like time has no meaning anymore!

Famous Hat

No comments: