Friday, February 14, 2020

Watching an Out-of-Date Packers Game



Sorry that I haven’t written in so long – I don’t have much to say lately. Yesterday I watched an old Packers game (from October) where they were playing the Cowboys in Dallas, and I tended to fast-forward over the parts of the game where Dallas had the ball. Not the really fast-forward I use for ads, but a slightly faster than normal speed, so for instance I could clearly see a couple of interceptions. The game started a little late on our recording because the previous game had run long, so we only had the game recorded through the third quarter. Why we didn’t record the show after it, or indeed watch it right away, I don’t remember. At that point the Packers had 31 points and the Cowboys had 10, so it seemed like a good bet that they won. A quick internet search told me that the final score was 34-24, so Dallas had quite a run there in the final quarter, while all I missed on the Packers side was a field goal. I really didn’t need to see Dallas come to life like that, so I was perfectly satisfied with what I saw, and deleting it from our DVR freed up a healthy amount of space. Now I only have one game from the past (when they played the Redskins) to watch, and I’ll be caught up with the season. Once again, when I said something to Travalon about how crazy it was for them to run on first down when a penalty had sent them back to 20 yards, he quipped, “Yeah, it might hurt their chances of getting into the playoffs.” A good reminder that there is no need to get worked up about things when we already know the outcome was favorable.

Famous Hat

No comments: