Friday, February 28, 2020

Peppa Pig and Ukulele Fail



Sorry that I didn’t blog yesterday. I was planning to put some pictures on the blog, but Travalon and I got sucked into a surreal kids’ show called Peppa Pig that had us laughing helplessly, so we weren’t able to do anything else. Each episode is like five minutes long, but they just kept showing them, and it seemed like each one ended with a statement about how everyone loves X (e.g., “Everyone loves being broken out of concrete!”) and all the animals flat on their backs, convulsing with laughter. Fair enough, that’s about how Travalon and I were too at the end of each episode. Just to add to the delight factor, all the little creatures also have British accents to add to the nuttiness of what they say.

I did forget to mention that the Just Bach concert last Wednesday was technically Bach, but it was not JS. Instead, all the music was by his son Carl Philip Emmanuel. I wasn’t too excited about that prospect, but I did go, and it was actually pretty good. Not as good as old Johann Sebastian, but what really is?

Today I dragged my ukulele to work (not as bad as dragging the mandolin, but still) because there was supposed to be a ukulele jam in the evening. The organizer had sent out a Doodle poll to find out what the best time would be, but I never heard what time was chosen, although it was very clear which time people liked best. I emailed the organizer, and he was all like, what? There’s no jam tonight! There’s one next month. Oops! I had failed to notice that little detail, so I brought my ukulele to work for nothing. And who knows how much I will need to bring the mandolin to work in the future? My band hasn’t been getting many gigs lately, and to our shock the maple syrup festival we always play at doesn’t want us this year. I have been in this band nineteen years, and we have always played at that festival! Was it something one of us said? Our leader doesn’t seem super eager to have practices if we don’t have an upcoming gig, so maybe my days as a semi-professional musician are over. Hey, that leaves me more time to try to learn how to play the sitar.

Famous Hat


No comments: