Thursday, May 12, 2022

Morel Quesadillas and a Crabapple Mystery

 

My neighbor is back from Florida, so we walked today before work and on my breaks, and again after work. I spotted a whole bunch of morel mushrooms as we walked, so the next time we went out with bags and collected them. Here they are!


Guess what Travalon and I had for dinner? Morel quesadillas! 

On Sunday Travalon bought me a rose, and I forgot to take a picture of it until now, when it's starting to look a little sad. But it's still lovely.


Here are some tulips that were blooming in our neighborhood today.



These are the tulips in Rich's yard. As you can see, the only ones blooming are the purple ones our late organist gave him years ago. The orange ones Travalon gave me disappeared years ago, and there is no sign of the ones I rescued from around the carillon.


My neighbor wanted to take this photo of me in front of the redbud right by her house because she said it matched my shirt.


And here is the redbud in Rich's yard - you know, the one I moved as a seedling that is now shading the rose. If the rose is still alive after my stupidity, we're going to move it this weekend.


This one really weirds me out - when I was out walking midday, I noticed this crabapple tree, which I have featured on this blog before... only I could have sworn it was fuchsia, not a pale shell pink.



When I came back in, I looked at photos on my blog, and sure enough, in both 2020 and 2021 it was a bright fuchsia color.


The mystery deepens, because when I mentioned it to my neighbor as we walked after work, she said it had been fuchsia this morning when we walked before work. I honestly didn't notice, but then, it wouldn't have struck me as weird because it had always bloomed that color. I think this must have something to do with the heat; today broke the record for this date by eight degrees F. It was so hot that we had to have the air conditioning on. It was crazy hot! Did it bleach our crabapple??


Famous Hat


No comments: