Friday, January 1, 2010

Famous Hat Joint: Tropical Song

Here is a bonus post for the New Year. This is my all-purpose tropical song which can be done in any tropical style. (I posted the lyrics here.) However, I would need some more musicians to do all those tropical styles, so the third verse is my roundup call for musicians to join my all-purpose tropical band. The second verse establishes my tropical cred, and the line in the first verse about "salsa bassoon" has to do with the fact that I apparently don't know the difference between bassoons and bass saxophones in salsa music. As you can see, this hat has clearly had one too many daiquiris and/or espressos!

One note: The words to the third verse have been changed to:

If you play steel drums, then I need you (tropical song!)
Especially if you play timbales too (tropical song!)
I need ukulele and slack-key guitar (tropical song!)
And a great horn section, wherever you are (tropical song!)



Famous Hat

No comments: