Saturday, January 9, 2010

Catechism Cataclysm

Today when I asked Richard Bonomo how his Catechism class at Our Lady of Perpetual Sobriety went, he said, "We had a catechism cataclysm!" The ceiling had fallen down, which he later determined was caused by a leaky radiator on the floor above. (The OLPS school building is almost as old as the OLPS church building.) Just as he and his students had cleaned most of the mess up, the secretary came and said another catechist had not shown up, so they ended up moving to another room anyway. Then Rich taught both classes, and he said there were so many kids in there that they could barely move! Is it any wonder I don't teach catechism anymore?

Last night Rich hosted a party for our choir using the money we were paid for singing at the Monday wedding. It was a lot of fun, and his famous chocolate mousse tasted even better than usual. I had a tough day at work so I had a beer before dinner which went straight to my head, and A-Fooze said I was very entertaining. Guess I should have written a post then - can you imagine how it would have turned out? One of the altos told a great story about her brother, who lives in Vermont, traveling to Jamaica. A native offered him some pot, and he said, "This is great stuff! Is it from here?" and the Jamaican said, "No, mon. You heard of a place called Vermont?" Some people were playing a game that is a wooden labyrinth with two small metal balls, and one of the balls fell on the floor. As they were desperately looking for it (and it has yet to be found), Kathbert said, "You know, that game only came with one ball. I just bought a second one at the hardware store because I knew someone would lose it eventually." One person brought a talking George Bush doll that really annoyed Rich. The funny thing is that half the people are liberal and half are conservative, but it was one of the conservatives who brought the doll! Did he not realize it was mocking Bush? Rich said, "Why incite a political argument?" I still remain not so much a moderate as on the extreme left of some issues and the extreme right of others. I suppose you could split the difference and call me a moderate. I have always thought of myself as the anti-Giuliani since pretty much whatever side of an issue he is on, I am on the other.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Famous Hat said...

The suspense is over - the small silver ball has been located!

WV: tually. Clearly an adverb of some sort. To do something in a very tual manner.