Monday, January 25, 2010

Somewhere in the Pacific...

Sorry for the lack of post - the cost of internet connection here on the ship is 55c/minute! What a scam. Anyway, for my faithful readers, I will say the following:

Rich: Yes, I did get to Mass yesterday in Cabo San Lucas. There is no priest onboard the ship (and believe me, they have heard about this!) so next Sunday there isn't much I can do. I was thinking that for such times, Mass in a Bottle would be perfect, but then people would use it if they just wanted to sleep in or whatever. Not as good an idea as my 1-800-CONFESS, the 24/7 confession line, although you said that wouldn't work either because it has to be in person.

Palm Tree Fan: Lots of palm trees!!! Tiffy and I are taking pictures and I will probably get a chance to post them next Monday or Tuesday. Sat under the palm trees today in Mazatlan after swimming in the Pacific. While you were at work.

Hardingfele: Lots of sea creatures here! We went on a whale tour and saw a mama and baby humpback whale - so cute! And an adorable little dolphin swam right by our ship, just below our balcony yesterday, and this evening as the sun set we saw a bunch of dolphins leaping out of the water. Loads of pelicans, and of course sea gulls, and these beautiful big black birds with white throats and long forked tails, I think they might be called frigates...?

Anna Banana II: Today in Mazatlan we saw the highest elevation lighthouse in the world. It was on top of a beautiful, rugged island.

A-Fooze: You are SOOO jealous, aren't you? Guess what? A diamond store has a promotional gimmick where they give you a cheap gold chain and a little charm at every port where they have a store.

If I forgot anyone, sorry! Gotta go now - I've already spent $10 updating this silly blog!

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Richard Bonomo said...

Regarding Mass and clergy: after you left, I went to the RCL web site, the ship page, etc., and tried searching for terms like "worship," "services," "clergy," etc. and came up with zip -- not even a statement that no such things were available aboard ship. So, I am not surprised that you are not finding anything. RCL seems pretty brain-dead about that.

Regarding the cost of blogging: If you can use the computer without connecting to the net, type up your blog in textedit or notepad, connect to the network, open your blog page, and paste the whole block of text in one swell foop. You should be able to do the whole process with only about 4 minutes of connect time or less.

Have fun!