Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Greetings from Acapulco

I found an internet cafe here that charges $2.00 per 15 minutes, so I have a chance to update my blog and tell all 5.8 of my faithful readers what I am up to.

Yesterday we were at sea all day, and in the morning we saw dolphins playing in the waves beneath our balcony. Later in the day we saw more dolphins, including a mother and baby, and a great big sea turtle swimming beside our ship. I can't complain about the amount of sea life we have seen on this cruise! It has been awesome!

Did you all have fun at work yesterday? At 10 am Tiffy and I sat by the pool and drank mango mai tais while listening to a calypso band. At 2 we went swimming in the saltwater pool. At 7 we watched the tropical sunset. After a delicious dinner and decadent dessert, at 10 we went out and looked up at the stars. I could get used to this life!

Today we went up on deck to watch the sun rise over Acapulco, then we took a boat ride to watch the cliff divers. To my surprise, this is not an ancient tradition but a promotional stunt Hedy Lamarr dreamed up to promote her husband's night club. Fascinating the things you learn on these tours! The cliff divers were quite spectacular, and then they swam over to our boat for some well deserved tips, and then we all had beer and traditional Mexican food. Awesome! Acapulco is incredibly beautiful, with lots of cliffs and palm trees and the turquoise sea.

I did have a bad shock when I tried to purchase something a few minutes ago, and my card was declined! They had put a hold on it because they didn't expect me to be buying things in Mexico, I guess. But we got it all cleared up, so it's all good. I called from the store but couldn't hear a thing, so Tiffy pointed out the pay phone/internet area and I was able to make a collect call to my credit card company AND blog for cheap! I love Mexico!

Famous Hat

1 comment:

A-Fooze said...

I am sooo jealous ..... :-)