Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ninjamatic: The Musical

Last night Anna Banana II, A-Joz, and I met some other people from my choir at a local joint renowned for its Mardi Gras celebrations, which isn't so weird except that it's a German-themed restaurant. We got beads and drank hurricanes out of commemorative glasses that said "Bacardi Gras" and indulged in the Creole buffet. Then this band played:


Just kidding. Actually, a Cajun band played, which was absolutely fine (except with the choir director) because I like Cajun music, but it has nothing to do with New Orleans. Where y'at? Probably Lafayette, if you're listening to Cajun music. New Orleans is all about jazz.

Speaking of commemorative glasses, yesterday morning my sink was backing up so I turned on the disposal and immediately heard the sickening sound of breaking glass. It was too late - I had already ground up the commemorative shot glass from my cruise. How many people do you know who can say that they have ground up a shot glass in the disposal WHILE SOBER? (A caveat: I hadn't had my coffee yet.) I would be heartbroken, except that it was kind of ugly anyway, and I also have a hurricane glass, two shot glasses, and a light-up glass from the cruise.

I was once again complaining to Toque McToque about work, and when I said someone would go "ninjamatic" on another coworker, we decided that could be the title of my novel about this place, which has now morphed into a Bollywood-style musical. In another email, I admitted that I am a procrastinator too. "Maybe I should give up procrastination for Lent," I said, and she said, "Too late!" But I fully intend to decide by Good Friday whether I am going to give up procrastination for Lent, so stay tuned. (Toque said I could ask the parish priest for an extension if needed, which made me laugh so hard that a student worker peeked into my office to see if I was OK. However, that would only be funny to you, the reader, if you knew that a particular person I work with is always asking for - and getting! - extensions on deadlines. Because if you aren't going to do it this week, you might as well ask for next week to not do it either.)

Have a happy Ash Wednesday, everyone!

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

So who drew the awesome band picture? And I am intrigued as to who is getting deadlines extended? The ninjamatic is something like a blender that grinds Ninjas, perhaps

Famous Hat said...

I drew the band picture back in high school. The guitarist is Jimi Hendrix and the bassist and bongo player were also based on real musicians I had seen, but the horn and sax players are my own creations.

EDM is getting extended deadlines. Come on, Hardingfele. You know I can't put too many details about work on my blog. What if he reads it??