Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Saints Went Marching In!

Here are some pictures I took with my new digital camera. The first one is a self-portrait, in a sense: I am both a Goat in the Western zodiac and a Pig (in fact, an Iron Pig) in the Eastern zodiac. So here my Eastern and Western aspects are being illustrated in plushy fashion in front of a mirror. (That's me being "artistic.")

Figure 1: Famous Hat: East and West

Here is a self-portrait taken in the mirror after the Saints won the Super Bowl. Note the fleur-de-lis on my health food store hat and the actual Mardi Gras beads from New Orleans.

Figure 2: Who Dat?

This is a picture of Nola my papyrus from New Orleans celebrating the Saints' win by wearing my Mardi Gras beads. (No plants were harmed in the making of this photo.)

Figure 3: Nola says yeah! Saints win!!

And here are my little New Orleans dolls celebrating. The voodoo doll on the left is one I got during my trip to New Orleans and the Cajun Fiddler is something my parents brought back from New Orleans when they visited several years earlier.

Figure 4: Mr. and Mrs. New Orleans

Famous Hat

No comments: