Thursday, November 18, 2010

Staycation

I have so much vacation to use up before the end of the year that I am off of work from today until a week from Monday, and yet I will still have some left over.  So what am I going to do with all that time off?  How about an economical and relaxing staycation!

Thursday:  sleep in, do sudoku, play computer games
Friday:  sleep in, clean, no wait, do sudoku, play computer games, Rosary with the girls
Saturday:  sleep in, confession, hang out with Tiffy, go to Bach concert
Sunday:  Mass, brunch, hang out with Tiffy
Monday - Wednesday:  Anna Banana II and I will entertain the Mothership
Thursday:  THANKSGIVING!!!  - eat with Rich, the Mothership, Kathbert, Mombert, etc.
Friday:  sleep in, do sudoku, play computer games
Saturday:  sleep in, confession (if needed), another early music concert
Sunday:  Mass, brunch, nap

Notice a word prominently missing from each of these days?  Hint:  it's a four-letter word.  That's right, WORK.  It doesn't really matter what you do, if you're not at work, you're probably having fun.

Today, since I had some time, I inspected Plant World.  All my "Christmas" cacti are blooming or have buds, even the smallest cuttings.  Two of my orchids look like they will bloom eventually, but they are taking their sweet time about it.  All the plants seem happy except for, oddly, the spider plants.  Every one of those looks just awful.  The desert cacti don't seem so crazy about the fake light in Plant World either, so today I brought them over to Rich's house and set them in the window of his loft, which faces south and is very, very cold.  Desert cacti love sun, and supposedly cold will get them to bloom.  We'll see...  Of course The Professor, Dr. Cheung, Jolly Bob, and Greg are still at Rich's too, basking in the full southern exposure (plus skylight!) of the floor-to-ceiling windows in his breakfast nook.

The bunnies are happy when I am around so much.  They even both let me pick them up and snuggle them!  I can't say if Sylvia the Hedgehog cares one way or the other about my staycation.

Famous Hat

No comments: