Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tallis and Taverner

The good news is that I got a new buddy for my little goldfish Tallis. It is orange with white tips on the fins, and I thought I had carefully selected a very active fish with long flowing fins and a thin body, but somehow once it was in the Tallis Palace, it looked stubby and chunky. I am afraid the girl may have grabbed the wrong one, and I now have two females. At first they totally ignored one another, but now they seem to be cautiously friendly, and Tallis does seem much happier for the company. Kathbert suggested I name the new fish Taverner, since he is another English Renaissance composer like Tallis. (Thought Byrd was the most obvious choice, Taverner makes a much better fish name.)  I will try to get a picture of Taverner to post on here soon.

The bad news is that the Powers That Be are wondering what is going on with my job search, i.e., when the heck am I going to get out of here? Believe me, I would love to be able to walk into my boss’s office and give my two weeks’ notice, but though I have gotten a few nibbles, nothing has materialized. They wondered if I hadn’t applied for a job just down the hall. Wouldn’t that be ideal? What could be better than having to see people every day who basically kicked you out the door? Since I am union, they have not been able to fire me yet, but I am curious to see if they will now start the process.

And I don’t know who to give credit for this, but I had to post it. (A fellow alto in the choir sent it to me.) Boo, Brett!

 
Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

Technically you can stay there forever, tell them that the new fish means that you consider the office a home

Famous Hat said...

I am not going anywhere until I either have a new job or they go to all the work to can me.

WV: avessa - better name for a little girl than most of the stuff on BigBadBabyNames.com!