Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Wise Old Woman


The other evening my office mate Light Bright played with her band at an assisted living facility. She met a woman there whose mother is a resident. The mother has dementia, and when the daughter says to her, “Remember when you told me (some pearl of wisdom)?” she gets upset because she has no memory of it. Finally the daughter realized she doesn’t remember these details anymore, so she will tell her mother, “A wise old woman once told me (some pearl of wisdom),” and the mother will agree that this woman must be very wise. Light Bright said there has to be a song in that, so she and the woman are actually going to get together to write a song incorporating some of the wise sayings that the mother no longer remembers imparting. Maybe when they are finished with it, Light Bright will let me post it on this blog.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Hardingfele said...

That is really sweet, I look forward to hearing it!@