Monday, January 6, 2014

Famous Hat Birthday Bash



Sorry for the lack of blogging on Friday, but I was busy with birthday activities. Travalon and I had lunch at Vintage, then we got some hot chocolate at DB Infusions, and then we went to see American Hustle, a really excellent movie based on a true story. Travalon gave me an iPod Shuffle, which will help when I work out, and a book of Archie comic book covers. They are so crazy! Some of them are really old, dating back to the 1940’s, and many of them are amazingly sexist. Or maybe all women really are backstabbing, boy-crazy fiends and all men really are clueless and shallow. You’d certainly think so, if you were from another planet and came across this book.

Richard Bonomo hosted my birthday dinner: spinach ravioli and black magic chocolate cake! Cecil Markovitch gave me a book by Pope Francis, he said to make up for the ridiculous wedding present he is going to give me. My OTHER choir director gave me a card making fun of my advanced age, and Luxuli and her husband gave me a cheesehead cupcake cake. It was hilarious but looked too terrifying to eat, with its dayglow orange frosting. However, Travalon and Catzooks’ boyfriend ate some cupcakes and are still alive, so clearly it was edible. My parents gave me pumpkin spice tea (to match the cappuccinos they gave me for Christmas) and a… thing. It is magenta and has four bendable legs. Speculation about its identity included a Barbie barstool, a practice udder, a ninja weapon, a cross for stopping vampires, and perhaps least far-fetched, a ring holder. At some point I will contact Ma and Pa Hat and find out exactly what it is, but it sure was the most entertaining gift I received. My boss actually came to the party, and he found my friends very amusing. He also brought a bottle of Prairie Fume wine. Hardingfele did not come to the party, but she posted on MyFace about how cold her house was, so Travalon gave her grief for not being at Rich’s slightly warmer house. She posted back immediately some lame excuse about why she couldn’t be there, so clearly she was online all night instead of partying with us, but probably not reading this blog, judging by her lack of comments. I just love how you can hassle people in real time for blowing off your birthday party. That’s modern technology really coming through for us.

Famous Hat

No comments: