Monday, January 13, 2014

Playing at the Water Park



Saturday morning Jilly Moose and I got together for coffee, and she gave me a very cool beaded bookmark she had made for my birthday in the colors of the Irish flag, with a shamrock charm and a claddagh charm. A guy named Moose sat with us and told us all his conspiracy theories. Then I drove to Travalon’s house, and we went to see his mother for her birthday. We watched a one-man show that was very entertaining, and then Travalon and I went to Sweet Mullets to watch the first half of the Seahawks-Saints game. We watched the second half at Country Springs and then went to the waterpark there, where we played just like the kids did, racing each other in the Lazy River. We played so hard that I slept too late and couldn’t make it to Mass in time. I did go to brunch, and Travalon joined us, then he and I watched YouTube videos of the songs I was debating for our wedding. He preferred the Grancini to the Handel. We watched the movie Inside Llewyn Davis, about a folk singer who is kind of a jerk. Luxuli’s husband told us that the actor was in character at a party and picked up a woman that way, so some women must like bad boys. Then after Travalon and I went to 5:00 Mass, Rich had us and Luxuli’s husband over for dinner before I actually went to band practice for the first time in ages. Good thing I got there late – I have to ease back into playing! And I need to get my fiddling fingers back; it’s been even longer since I played the violin. There’s a challenge where you practice something for 100 days and film yourself, then you post it to show your improvement. I’d love to spend 100 days practicing the violin for an hour, but it’s hard to find the time. Besides, who wants to watch a film of me practicing? Squeak, squeak, squeak.

Famous Hat

3 comments:

Travalon said...

An obnoxious rude bad boy will always attract a woman somehow, somewhere; its not right, but its just the way it is. Seems unfair to all the lonely good guys out there and its' hard to explain and understand why, its' just one of those things.

Travalon said...

My mother turned 88 years young on Saturday.

The waterpark has the unique feature of a hot tub which is both inside and out, sitting outside in it being warm up to your neck, but breathing the cold night air kinda feels like being in Colorado at a ski resort in the Rockies. Of course I've yet to experience that.

Famous Hat said...

I personally prefer nice guys. :)