Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Last Night's Torture Session



Last night Richard Bonomo and I again went to work out. First we do exercises on the floor mat, like stomach crunches and pushups. Maybe I am improving, because I can do a few more pushups than the last time he tortured me this way. The next thing we use is something he calls a “Roman chair” for stretching our backs. Luxuli thought it looked like a very difficult exercise when she saw it, but then she tried it and found it quite easy. Last night there was a new torture device next to the Roman chair that Rich and I inspected with some interest, but we weren’t quite sure what it was for. Then a guy came along and used it to hang head down and do sit ups that way. Eek! Everyone at the gym last night looked really good; I was the only plump, flabby person. This was sort of embarrassing, but on the other hand it gives me hope that if I hang out at the gym, I too will be fit. Maybe they were all plump, flabby people themselves until they started hanging out there. Or do other people like me just get too embarrassed to keep going?

After the pull-up machine (it helps you do pull-ups if you are out of shape like I am) and all the other various weight machine/torture devices, we went on the ellipticals to limber up. Then we went to Jerkins, where they have expanded their healthy menu, much to our surprise. No worries, there are still plenty of deep-fried naughty things on the menu, but you can actually find all kinds of high-protein, low-carb meals there now, and loads of vegetables. (As my readers know, I am something of a broccoli addict.) I got TWO doses of broccoli yesterday, so life is good. Today I am feeling surprisingly good, but I have taken several doses of ibuprofen so that may explain my lack of pain. Yesterday it totally felt like my arms were going to fall right off my body.

Famous Hat

No comments: