Friday, January 17, 2014

Registry Musings



Once again I am caught without a blog topic, which always seems to happen on Fridays. This is an extra-special Friday because it’s the start of a three-day weekend. That’s right, I get Martin Luther King Day off of work. My big wedding chore now is thinking about a registry. It’s kind of intimidating to think you can ask for anything you want, and what do I want? A crock pot would be nice, and maybe a newer blender. Plates, glasses and silverware for six so I can have some friends over for dinner and not have to use paper plates and mugs. Maybe I should register for some random things, like the person whose wedding Travalon and I attended earlier this month. She is an avid camper, and one of the things on her registry was a set of campfire forks, so I bought those for her. (Truthfully, her registry was pretty well picked over by the time I remembered to get something for her.) Another acquaintance of mine put a basketball on her registry. So what random yet completely affordable item should I put on my registry? Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments section.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

cIf you dont want to stress over a registry, maybe dont do it. We did not but then we have no china or silverware and now we are stuck with old pots and pans and mismatched dishes from Savers and St. Vinny's. But since the real Vinny eats off then, perhaps it is not all that bad

Famous Hat said...

Right now we have like five things on our registry. I have to get back there, maybe with Light Bright, and add some stuff.