Tuesday, January 21, 2014

On My iPod



Friday night I brought the iPod that Travalon gave me for my birthday over to Rich’s and set it up with help from Catzook’s boyfriend. The songs on it at the moment are ones that have been prominently featured on this blog, like “Non-Anonymous,” “Montauk Point,” “Pulp Incunabulae,” and “Warm White Candy.” At some point I will get some “real” music on there, but my own tunes are fun to dance to for now.

Saturday Tiffy came up, and we went shopping. When I left my last job, they gave me a gift certificate to Macy’s, so we went there, and I found a pair of jeans that fit perfectly. We looked at expensive china and decided Macy’s was too high-end for my wedding registry. I want people to be able to afford to buy me stuff on the registry! Then we went to a place called Chocolaterian to hear a group called Eliza’s Toyes sing Renaissance English music a capella. We went to a restaurant called Sardine for my birthday dinner, since everyone at work had raved about it, and it really was amazing.

Sunday Tiffy and I joined the choir for brunch to celebrate our tenor’s birthday, then she left and Travalon arrived. He and I watched half the Broncos/Patriots game at our usual place, the Middleton Sports Bowl, and then we took a walk at halftime since it was such a nice day out, at least for deep midwinter. (No worries, it is back to frigid today!) We went to the Free House for the second half of the game and saw Tiffy and her family there. What timing! Richard Bonomo had dinner at his house, so we joined one of the B Boys, Kathbert, and Mr. Luxuli for chicken parmesan and brownies. We also watched the Seahawks/Niners game. Sorry, Light Bright, but I was rooting for Seattle – this is their year.

Travalon stayed at Rich’s house, then in the morning we went out to breakfast. We went to Kohl’s to start our registry but only put a few things on it. I will have to think harder about what we will really need and then put some more things on it. Anyway, we got started, so that feels good. Then we drove to Chocolaterian, but they are closed on Mondays so we went to a bar next door called Players, where we had the best white Russians ever. There was also a sign with a bizarre grammatical error, so I took a photo of that and will post it here someday. The bartender there was really cool. In the evening I went to a talk on Dante’s Divine Comedy at St. Patrick’s instead of working out. Tonight I’ll be good…

Famous Hat

No comments: