Thursday, May 8, 2014

Black Calla Lilies


Last night I got highlights put into my hair. I asked my hairdresser to make them subtle, and did she ever comply – hardly anyone has noticed them! Then I went to choir practice, and my OTHER choir director showed up with Kathbert toward the end to run through the music for my wedding. He is playing the organ while my non-other choir director directs the choir. It mostly went well, so here’s hoping for no great musical disasters.

This morning I went to Trader Joe’s to get some calla lilies for the reception hall. I was planning to get nine in various colors like pink and yellow (there were no white ones), but I was astounded to see a black one. I’ve never seen a black calla lily before! I grabbed that one too, for me – would black calla lilies seem weird at a wedding? The woman ahead of me in line asked what I was going to do with so many calla lilies, and I explained they were for my wedding. Then the cashier gave me the black one for free! And another Trader Joe’s employee carried one box of them all the way to my office for me!

I showed Handy Woman the black calla lily and she said, “I’ve always wanted one, but I don’t know where to put it in my garden.” Then I texted a photo of it to Ma Hat, who loved it. I said I would get one for her for Mother’s Day, so back to Trader Joe’s I went and got some more black calla lilies, one for Ma Hat, and one each for Kathbert and Miss Heartsong for singing at my wedding. I even got one for Handy Woman to thank her in advance for taking care of my plants here at work. Now Trader Joe’s is almost out of black calla lilies, so if you want any, you’ll have to hurry over there.

Here is a picture of my black calla lily.


Famous Hat

No comments: