Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Another Famous Hat Contest


Trader Joe’s has the best plant deals, and so today I bought something I absolutely do not need: a $3 hibiscus! It has some buds on it and looks like it might bloom a pale coral, which (as my astute readers will remember) is one of my wedding colors. (The other one was supposedly teal but in reality was ivory.) This is a very small hibiscus; at Richard Bonomo’s house there is a much larger hibiscus that Luxuli rescued from the street and Kathbert babied until it recovered enough to bloom. I saw the bud forming before my wedding and realized it would bloom while I was in Ireland, so when I returned, I asked Rich what color it had bloomed. His response: “Did it bloom?” Kathbert said it was an uninteresting dirty yellow. The hibiscus is very happy in Rich’s ideal plant room, with its high southern exposure windows and a skylight to boot. It is sitting there with my plants The Professor, Jolly Bob, and Greg (Dr. Cheung is now in my somewhat ideal plant room with floor-to-ceiling eastern exposure windows), and a plant belonging to Mo-Girl. It does not have a name, but this is where you, my readers, can help out. What should we name the hibiscus in Rich’s house? Put your suggestions in the comments, or email them to me, and Rich, Kathbert, and I will vote on the winner. What will you win? Enter and find out!

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Famous Hat said...

Four submissions from Ma and Pa Hat:

Colonel Mustard
Mellow Yellow
Musty
Electrical Banana

The committee is reviewing these submissions. So far "Colonel Mustard" is winning. Please submit any other nominations by the end of the day on Wednesday.