Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Yuri the Hibiscus


This morning Prairie Man, Luxuli, Richard Bonomo, and I went to Pinnacle Health Club on the Square. It is much smaller than Harbor, and the equipment is different, so Rich had to spend most of his time showing me how to adjust and use it. Also, we met at 6:45 but there is only free parking downtown until 8 am, so my workout was pretty brief, but I am sore anyway. Neither Rich nor I care for this location as much as Harbor, and Travalon refuses to even go there because they don’t have a pool, so we’ll see what transpires in the future with UGGH Club. Rich has suggested tomorrow at Harbor at our original UGGH-y time of 6 am. Sigh…

The committee seems to have come to a consensus on the name of the hibiscus. I want to thank Ma and Pa Hat for their four very good submissions, but Kathbert suggested Yuri, short for urine, because the hibiscus has piss-yellow flowers, and we thought that was too funny to pass up. Plus I ran the two top contenders (Colonel Mustard and Yuri) by Handy Woman, and she said Yuri was a no-brainer. Rich wouldn’t mind Greg and Yuri sticking around in his perfect plant room. They are more reasonably sized plants than, say, Jolly Bob, which sprawls all over the place and now has shoots coming up in several directions. Moving it to my solarium is going to be an interesting challenge…

Famous Hat

No comments: