Thursday, July 24, 2014

Canoeing, Take Two


Canoeing, Take Two: I didn’t fall in the lake getting into the canoe, and we had it the right way around this time so my legs didn’t get all cramped. As Travalon noted, these are things you can only learn by doing. Yesterday evening was gorgeous, so we took the canoe out for over an hour, paddling down the Yahara River toward Lake Mendota. We noticed an inlet and decided to explore, but it was very weedy so Travalon thought we should head back. I had thought maybe it looped back around but did reluctantly agree to head back. Today I looked on Google Maps, and it didn’t loop around. In fact, it was the start of something called Six Mile Creek, so if we had continued paddling and the name is any indication, we would have been in for a really long trip. Good thing I listened to my husband!

In the process of moving, I discovered a piece of paper (bright red) that was kind of done up like a dollar bill. It was good for one dollar toward a purchase at the Froth House, a café on Allen Street, and it was dated 2010. Today after running errands on campus, I stopped there to see if they would still take it… and they did! With the $3 in my pocket, I had just enough cash for an iced latte and some tip money. This caffeine buzz should get me through another long evening of sorting stuff at my old condo. Then hopefully tonight Travalon and I will swim at the health club; this time we’ll try to get there before the pool is officially closed.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Richard Bonomo said...

Actually, Luxuli tends to want a 7 AM start. We managed to start at 0630 today, but even that lead to a pretty late start to the work day.