Tuesday, July 8, 2014

New UGGH Club Schedule (and Location?)


Yesterday Richard Bonomo, Luxuli, and I experimented with a slightly less ugh-y time for UGGH Club: we got up at 6:00 and got to the club around 6:30, thus achieving an extra half hour of sleep. Travalon got up and came to the club too, but he swims instead of participating in these Unearthly Gyrations and Gym Horrors. Then we all got done just about the same time, so we headed to a coffeehouse near my job for breakfast and (obviously) coffee. This new plan seemed to go well, because I got to work almost on time, just five minutes late and that was because I took too long saying goodbye to everyone.

Luxuli would like to start going to a health club downtown that has reciprocity with ours, since it is really close to her place, close enough for Rich to bike now that the Bonomobile is dead, and more on my way to work than our original health club. Yesterday I went to get the paperwork for reciprocity, but the guy at the front desk wasn’t sure I would qualify, since my premiums are at a very old rate. Later he called me at work to say I could get it, so I should just stop by for the paperwork anytime. I was going to go swimming this morning with Travalon and pick it up then, but for some reason my alarm didn’t go off, although it was set. Strange – it went off yesterday… So tomorrow I will not be able to do UGGH Club at the downtown location unless I get a chance to stop by the original health club today.

Famous Hat

3 comments:

Travalon said...

Did I miss any type of memorial service for the Bonomobile? I understand its' had a good long run..may it rest in peace.

Travalon said...

Its entered the pearly gates of automobile heaven..

Richard Bonomo said...

Services for the Bonomobile have not yet been held. After 21 years of service, including 14 with me, it has met an end, dying of a fatal separation of the left-rear strut tower, having a contracted a severe and chronic case of body rust. Currently, parts of the Bonomobile are being made available for donation, or, to be more precise, sale.