Friday, March 18, 2016

More St. Patrick's Day Festivities


Last night Travalon, OK Cap, and I went to the Nau-Ti-Gal for dinner; they were serving corned beef, but I had salmon, which is what people actually eat in Ireland. OK Cap and I did get a side of cabbage and baby red potatoes with our salads, which I suppose sounds kind of weird, but why not? OK Cap wanted a black and tan, but they had no Harp beer there, so we had a sort of “black and green” with Guinness on the bottom half and Miller Lite dyed green on the top half. Some may say that’s a waste of a good Guinness, but I wanted some Guinness without all the calories of a whole pint. Anyway, it tasted fine. Then the three of us went to the East Side Club, where a very young band called The Pints was playing. They started their set by telling some terrible jokes, although I have to admit that this one appeals to the dark side of my sense of humor: “How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman? Zero.” Fortunately their musical skills were much better than their joke-telling ones. We sat right by the windows, with that fabulous view of downtown Madtown, and enjoyed the traditional music. It was a great way to spend St. Patrick’s Day! Today is my brother’s birthday, and I don’t think he reads this blog, but on the off chance that he does, Happy Birthday, Bro!

Famous Hat

No comments: