Friday, October 7, 2016

Jilly Moose's Big News


Sorry for my silence the last couple of days. Wednesday I was bad and skipped choir practice to go on a boat ride on the lake with Travalon, and then after dinner I practiced songs on the ukulele while he sang along. He requested “Incense and Peppermints” by the Strawberry Alarm Clock, but I couldn’t seem to figure out the chords, so I googled it and found a chord chart in E minor. That is not a chord I know on the ukulele yet, so I got the mandolin and played the chords (they are interesting – the song must be modal and not just minor key) while we both sang along. In case you want to play this song yourself, the verses go Em-A-Em-C, repeated, and the chorus has a D minor in it. I tried to transpose it into a key I could manage on the ukulele, but I just don’t know enough chords yet. Maybe after the Beginner 2 class...

Good news! Jilly Moose has a new job and will be starting the week after next. How exciting! I have been praying for all my friends who are looking for new jobs. Speaking of prayer, I just finished the 54-Day Novena for Our Nation today, which is mind-boggling since I usually don’t succeed in finishing basic 9-day novenas. This one did have email reminders, so that helped a lot. I was praying for a good outcome to the upcoming elections. What that is, I’m not sure. I’ll leave that to God.

Famous Hat

No comments: