Friday, July 28, 2017

Funky Concert on the Square


Wednesday evening was rainy, so Concert on the Square was postponed until last night. I really wanted to go, because they were doing the music of Earth, Wind, and Fire and Michael Jackson, so I asked other people if they wanted to go too, and they said yes… and then a neighbor extended an invitation to go sailing. It was hard to turn down a chance to go sailing, believe me, but this concert was worth it. Travalon and Jilly Moose accompanied me up to the Square, and Cali and a guy from our choir who does not have a name on this blog (yet) soon joined us. We went to a Mexican food stand for dinner, and I had a delicious shrimp quesadilla that my diet app helpfully told me was full of saturated fat. Maybe I should do like my hairdresser (I got my hair cut right before the concert) and go totally vegan… The first half of the concert was Earth, Wind, and Fire and was fantastic. Some of us felt the Michael Jackson covers in the second half weren’t quite as successful, although their version of “Billy Jean” worked. It was a perfect evening weather-wise, and a really fun group of people to hang out with. Maybe our neighbor will invite Travalon and me to go sailing some other time…

Today I got the funniest piece of spam at work. It's hilarious when people who are not fluent in English try to talk dirty: "Find out how tireless I am, share your vicious ideas with me and we’ll dirty the night away!" That really makes me want to click the link below it... NOT.

Famous Hat

No comments: