Monday, July 31, 2017

Rodney's Eighteenth Birthday Remembrance


I hope my readers had a good weekend. Friday evening Travalon and I met for a fish fry at the restaurant in the same strip mall as the Crema Café, then I went to a ukulele jam a block away while he did three Uber rides, and then we played tennis. We have been trying to get into playing it more and may again tonight. It is a lot of fun, even if I am no good at it. Anyway, it’s good exercise.

Saturday Travalon had to work, so I met Rich for coffee, and then he, Tiffy, and I went for a ride in my canoe. It isn’t my imagination – it is a very tippy canoe, especially with three people in it, so now I can see how Jilly Moose, Luxuli, and I fell out of it last summer. We didn’t fall out this time, but every time someone shifted positions, the whole thing would rock. Yikes! Travalon got home just as we returned to the dock, so he, Tiffy, and I checked out the new beer garden in Olbrich Park, which is wonderful – we sat in the shade drinking beer and gazing at Lake Monona. He went to a concert with a friend, while Tiffy and I went to A Flea in Her Ear at the outdoor theater. We had gone last month but were rained out early in the show, so they said we could return sometime at no charge. Was it ever a funny play! It is a fin de siècle sex farce.

Yesterday after Mass Tiffy, Travalon, and I went to Plaka again for brunch. We just love sitting on their patio! Then we went for a boat ride back into the marsh, since it was such a beautiful day. Tiffy headed home, while Travalon and I went to Greek Fest, where we heard a guy playing the bouzouki (much better than I can) and we bought some treats for a potluck party later that day. Rodney would have been eighteen, so in honor of the occasion we met Rich, Kathbert, the Single B-Boy, and OK Cap at the Union Terrace, like we had for his last two birthdays. Lots of people were on the water in sailboats, kayaks, and stand-up paddleboards. In the evening our neighbors had a potluck party to celebrate our condo association’s newly repaved driveway, so it was a very social day for us. And the weather was perfect! 

Famous Hat

No comments: