Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Bad Tennis News


Yesterday evening Travalon and I were playing tennis, and at one point I stepped on the ball, but I didn’t notice any problems at that time. A little while later my left leg started to get sore, and so of course the first thing I thought of was my post-surgery checklist that said leg soreness could be a sign of blood clots. We wrapped things up, and it quickly became clear that this wasn’t some weird soreness caused by blood clots but some run-of-the-mill knee injury. Today I can walk, slowly and painfully, but it may be a while before we can play tennis again. Which is a real shame, because we both felt that we were slowly improving. Five years ago I hurt my knee like this on a treadmill, and it eventually got better, but I had to go to physical therapy. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that again! The physical therapist gave me some exercises to do, so if I can remember them (or find the paper…), then I can do my own physical therapy at home. And hopefully I can play tennis again before the snow flies!

Famous Hat

No comments: